UKEd Directory – Terms and Conditions
UKEd.Directory and the UKEdChat brand is operated by UKEd Media Limited.
All listing applications made to UKEd.Directory are subject to the following terms and conditions. Additional considerations are duly given for the different categories of listing that are offered below.
A. By submitting your application onto UKEd.Directory, you confirm that:
- You are authorised to add a listing, and that you are acting in good faith.
- You acknowledge that by uploading media to the UKEd.Directory, you authorise UKEd Media Limited to use these images across the UKEdChat platforms for promotional purposes.
- You acknowledge that UKEd Media Limited, acting on behalf of UKEd.Directory, can use assets (images and/or text) from your website to enhance or complete your listing.
- You can withdraw your listing from the UKEd.Directory site at any time by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You acknowledge that UKEdChat will invite you into additional promotions.
- You understand that not all applications are approved by the UKEdChat team, and withdrawal from the listings remains at the discretion of UKEdChat staff.
- We reserve the right to review these Terms & Conditions at any time, and without notice.
B. Company (Business) Listings:
These terms and conditions apply for companies listed on the UKEd Directory company portfolio page – and in relation to applications made to be featured on the page.
By submitting an application you confirm that:
- You are an authorised representative of the company applying to be part of the UKEd Directory, and understand that the account is free and part of UKEdChat’s Social Enterprise commitment, although a yearly listing fee will apply. Business listings are not free.
- You confirm that your company will envisage to maintain the dedicated page, which will be listed here and understand that UKEd Media Limited, acting as UKEdChat, UKEd.Directory, or UKEd Magazine can promote the page at random times promoting the company and services online via social media and web, but also through our printed and online UKEdMagazine.
- UKEdChat and UKEd.Directory reserve the right to remove your listing from the portfolio if: (a) we are unable to maintain contact with you/your company; (b) the nature of the business changes from the original remit; (c) at the discretion of UKEdChat staff. We will envisage to inform you of such withdrawal, if possible.
- UKEd.Directory will not accept companies who are deemed as competition to the UKEdChat group of services (such as consultancies, employment/recruitment services, or any service deemed inappropriate to our audience).
C. Events Listings:
- Events listed on the UKEd.Directory are placed without additional promotions from the UKEdChat networks.
- Listing of events is at the discretion of UKEdChat staff.
- Additional promotions are available via the UKEdChat networks through the Events Plus service.
D. Educator Listings:
- By uploading your information, you agree that the information will be publicly available. If you wish for your profile to be deleted, you must e-mail email@example.com, and we will envisage to delete the listing within 7 working days.
E. School Listings:
- You are an authorised representative of the school or college or university or academy, applying to be part of the UKEd Directory, and understand that listing is free and part of UKEdChat’s Social Enterprise commitment.
F. Additional paid options – Featured listing:
- The benefits of having your listing featured (available for all listing categories) are explained on the Featured Listing page at https://www.uked.directory/featured-listing/
- All listings that are featured are payable before the feature takes effect.
- Featured listings are valid for 30 days after payment is received.
- Any requests for a refund should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
F. Additional paid options – Directory Plus:
- The Directory Plus service is available to businesses, events, or individuals who require additional promotions via the UKEdChat networks.
- The benefits of the business promotional services are listed at uked.directory/pricing
- The scheme is operated by UKEd Media Limited, on behalf of the UKEdChat networks.
- The Business Listing scheme works for 12 months, payable with immediate effect.
- The responsibility of the promotions is upon the company, event, or individual acting on behalf of the listing. Each customer will be allocated a member of staff from UKEd Media Limited, who will ensure that you are making best use of the product throughout the year.
- If all the options and services are not used within the year of the Directory Plus agreement, no credit can be carried over to the next year.
G. Supplier identification:
- uked.directory is operated by UKEd.Media Limited, acting as a 3rd Party directory for individual suppliers.
H. Cookies & monitoring
- Strictly necessary cookies – these are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- The IP address of your computer
- The referring website from which you have got to our website from
The reasons for this are:
- To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data
- To see our most popular sources of business
I. Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose your personal data:
- if we sell our business
- to agents and service providers
- In cases where we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cyber crime or to protect the website, rights, personal safety of person/s.
We may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website [customers and sales] in order to describe our services to prospective partners [advertisers, sponsors] and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
J. Product information
All notices you send us must be sent to the contact details on this site [LINK]. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when making a purchase. [Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter.] In providing the the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that the email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
These terms are governed by English law. Any contract for the purchase of goods from this site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with any such contract will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident in Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident in Scotland you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
This page was last updated: 25 March 2017